I am the founding Managing Director of the Techstars Mobility program. Watch this video for an excellent overview of the program. Since 2015, I have invested in 33 startups in the mobility space.
I define mobility as any technology or service that enables people and goods to move around more freely.
Thoughts on Mobility
Below are my thoughts on the space and how startups are disrupting the way people and goods move around. I also include my thoughts on running Techstars Mobility in Detroit, at the intersection of 2 of Detroit's biggest strengths: it's automotive domainces and it's entrepreneurial resurgence.
- Feb 2018 Bosch Acquires Techstars Mobility Graduate SPLT
- Feb 2018 Mobility Innovation and Tech Startups Take Stage at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show
- Jan 2018 Techstars Mobility and 3 Portfolio Companies Make History at North American International Auto Show
- Dec 2017 Announcing the 19 Mobility Startup Pitch Competition Finalists at AutoMobili-D
- Dec 2017 The 57 Mobility Startups Coming to AutoMobili-D 2018
- Nov 2017 Meet the 11 Companies from the 2017 Techstars Mobility Accelerator Class
- Sep 2017 Startup Applications Now Open for 2018 AutoMobili-D Mobility Startup Expo in Detroit
- Aug 2017 Hagerty Acquires Techstars Mobility Graduate Classics&Exotics
- Jul 2017 Techstars Mobility Mentor Zaki Fasihuddin Shares Tips for how Corporations Can Work with Startups
- Jul 2017 Introducing the Techstars Mobility Class of 2017
- Jul 2017 The Future of Automotive Mobility will be Powered by Open Source Software
- Jun 2017 Detroit's Mobility Startup Ecosystem on the Rise
- May 2017 Expanding Techstars Mobility Demo Day with Autoblog’s UPSHIFT Conference
- Oct 2016 Unification is the Automobile Industry's Path to Mobility
- Sep 2016 Strengthening Collaboration Between Startups & Automotive Industry in Detroit
- Jul 2016 Analyzing the 2016 Global Trends in Applications to Techstars Mobility
- Jun 2016 Introducing the Techstars Mobility Class of 2016
- Apr 2016 Defining Mobility for the Automotive Industry
- Jan 2016 Techstars Mobility Kicks Off Second Year of Accelerator Program in Detroit
About Techstars Mobility
On Dec 11th, 2014, Bill Ford introduced Techstars Mobility to the world. Here's a video clip from that inaugural announcement. The day before, Detroit exited the biggest-ever U.S. municipal bankruptcy. That morning, the Detroit Free Press captured both of these historic events.
Since December 2014, I have interacted with nearly 1000 startups through video chats and their applications to Techstars Mobility. I am amazed by the innovation around the world as people think about the future of transportation through new mobility technologies and services.
I've seen nearly 1000 applications from 42 countries, across 6 continents across the 2015 and 2016 programs.